No standards related to the information.
Which set of standards looking for?
Materials and preparation
- Story paper
- Lined paper
Students will be able to write a straightforward story about one topic with relevant details.
- Tell the students that today, they are able to draw and color a photo about anything that makes them happy.
- Let them have time and energy to brainstorm some topics.
- Let them have several ideas such as animals, toys, games, favorite food if they are stuck and can’t think about anything.
Explicit Instruction/Teacher modeling
- Choose an interest of great interest to you personally.
- Draw an image to go with it. Show the learning students the way the drawing need not be perfect.
- Demonstrate for the learning students how you would choose words that describe your picture.
- Make a listing and write those expressed words regarding the board.
- Use 2-3 of the expressed words in a sentence.
- Show the learning students the way the sentences relate to the picture.
Gu >(15 minutes)
- Instruct the learning students to think about several words that tell about the picture they drew.
- Ask them to write the expressed words on lined paper.
Independent working time
- Tell the students to think of sentences that tell about their pictures before they start writing.
- Have students turn and communicate with an elbow partner to describe the point that is essential in their mind orally using relevant details
- Have them write 1-2 sentences about the image. Continue reading Beginning essay Writing: Exactly About Me